Thursday, August 27, 2009
What a wonderful way to enjoy the Fall Colors by participating with the 2nd Annual Colorado Mountain Plein Air Festival September 17 - 27, 2009. (Last year 55 artists participated!)
Artists will be painting in Monarch on September 20. The paintings will be judged at the Monarch Mountain Lodge that after noon with prizes to be given to the top 3 paintings!
Monarch Mountain Lodge is offering a FALL SPECIAL 5 NIGHTS FOR $195! (With this great savings, you might be able to purchase your favorite painting!) Subject to 6.8% tax.
Come support the artists by purchasing your favorite original artwork of Monarch, Buena Vista, & Salida area!
Ways you can participate:
1. If you are an artist, sign up for the festival & paint!
2. If you appreciate art, purchase art directly from the artists on the paintout days:
Sept 19 - Salida Farmer's Market
Sept 20 - Monarch Mountain Lodge
Sept 22 - Collegiate Peaks Overlook/Buena Vista
Sept 24 - Rock Run Gallery in Buena Vista
Sept 26 & 27 - Quickdraw at Riverside Park in Salida
3. Attend the scheduled events:
Sept 23 - Preview Party of Festival work at Virtuosity Gallery, Salida, 6pm
Sept 25 - Purchase Patron's Preview 5-6pm at Virtuosity Gallery, Salida. Open to public 6pm - 8pm.
4. Sign up to be a Purchase Patron at the 2nd Annual Colorado Mountain Plein Air Festival on Sept 25, 5pm - 6pm. Call Fred Hubicki to sign up at 719-530-9175 or Josh Been at 719-221-8964.
- Purchase Patrons pledge to purchase at least one show piece of artwork (average price $300)
- Enjoy yourself and the incredible values available at the Festival.
- Spread the word and bring your friends!